AMCOM IV 2840R-01 Four-Diver Rack Mount Communicator
NEWLY DESIGNED ENHANCEMENTS:
- High Audio Fidelity
Ultra-low noise circuit combined with noise suppression circuitry produces crystal clear speech. Automatic gain adjustment will guard audio signal from distortion, enhance speaker protection and audio quality. Increases band width 47%.
- Extended Battery Operation Time
Audio amplifier card deploys the state-of-the-art Class-D digital audio power amplifier. Has very low power dissipation, produces less heat, and extends battery life up to 32%.
- Flexible Gain Settings
Audio amplifier card has adjustable gain settings to accommodate different communication applications and environments.
- Ultra-Low Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
EMI is achieved through spread-spectrum and de-phase control techniques providing for optimum integration with diving systems.
- Audio In/Out Connections
Audio IN and audio OUT RCA connections supplied for receiving and sending standard audio line-level signals to and from another device. Two rack mount communicators can be interconnected for double redundancy requirements and/or can double the number of users as needed.
- Separate channels and volume controls for each diver and tender to accommodate individual earphone and microphone adjustments, equipment variations and individual comfort levels.
- Divers’ umbilicals can be set up on 4-wire mode (full duplex) or 2-wire mode (push-to-talk) or any combination of the two modes for each diver.
- Communicator comes standard with rear mounted MS connector, providing connections to diver and tender inputs and outputs.
- Ability to use both dynamic and pre-amplified diver microphones with a unique circuit that detects microphone type and automatically adjusts volume levels.
- Weatherproof push-to-talk microphone for better voice intelligibility topside. For optimum clarity, see Tech Note (below) for other recommended equipment.
- Battery Condition Indicator – Visual LED indicator of battery condition.
- Internal charging system with battery back-up allows for simultaneous charging and operation of the unit while protecting the rechargeable battery from being overcharged. Back-up battery automatically supplies power to the audio amplifier when AC power is disconnected to allow for continued operation up to 37 hours.
- Input Impedance (Each Input): 250 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 300 – 10000 Hz
- Common Mode Rejection: 40 dB Minimum
- Current Drain Maximum Full Volume: 3 Amps
- Minimum Quiescent: 0.190 Amps
- Output Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Power Supply Voltage: 12 VDC Nominal (9 VDC Min – 16 VDC Max)
- AC Power Operating Range: 90-264 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Sensitivity (Input): 0.5 mV
- Output Power (RMS @ 4 Ohm Load, 12 VDC): 10 Watts Audio
- Rear Connector Input/Output: 20 Pin Female MS
- Enclosure: 19 in. Rack, Aluminum, Black Anodized
- Back-Up Battery: 1 ea. 12 VDC Rechargeable Battery
- Battery Life: 37 hours
- Height: 7 in. (17.8 cm.)
- Width: 19 in. (48.3 cm.)
- Depth: 13 in. (33.0 cm.)
- Weight: 19.5 lbs. (98.8 kg)
INCLUDED WITH COMMUNICATOR:
AMCOM IV 2840R-01 Four-Diver Rack Mount Communicator includes:
- (1) Amron 2405-28 Hand-Held Push-to-Talk Microphone
- (1) Amron 2890-05 12 VDC Rechargeable Sealed Lead Acid Gel-Cell Battery
- (1) MS-3106A-28-12P – MS Connector – 26 Pin for Four-Diver Communicators
- (1) MS-3057-16A Cable Clamp – Green
- (1) Amron P-2392 Power Cord
- (1) Amron 284XR-UM Four-Diver Rack Mount Communicator User Manual
- Amron 2401-28 Deluxe Headset with Boom Mic
- Amron 2460-28 Standard Headset with Boom Mic
- Amron 2822-28 Remote Walk-and-Talk (4-wire mode)
- Amron 2821-28 Remote Walk-and-Talk (2-wire mode)
All communicators will inherently transfer topside noise to the divers when the tender speaks directly into the communicator’s panel speaker. To eliminate background noise at the surface, use the 2405-28 Push-to-Talk Microphone, included with this model. For optimum communications, we recommend purchasing the 2401-28 Deluxe Headset with Boom Mic. For tender maneuverability, use the 2401-28 Deluxe Headset with Boom Mic along with the 2822-28 Remote Walk-and-Talk (4-wire mode) or the 2821-28 Remote Walk-and-Talk (2-wire mode). For air and helium communications, order the 2840R-02 Four-Diver Rack Mount Communicator with DSP3 Helium Speech Unscrambler.